Manager of Roads and Parks Operations
Roads and Parks Maintenance Department
Job Number: RPM-84-16
Employment Status: Full-Time Permanent
The Parks Operations Section of the Roads and Parks Maintenance Department is responsible for the management, maintenance, repair and rehabilitation of all park and open space assets, including: parks, playgrounds, sports fields, beaches, trails, roadside horticulture, and cemetery operations, as well as winter control operations and supporting construction-related capital projects for other departments.
As a member of the Department’s management team, you will be responsible for:
- Managing staff and contractors in the daily maintenance and repair of city park and open space assets, including: parks, playgrounds, sports fields, beachway, and roadside horticulture, in accordance with all applicable legislation and approved levels of service.
- Managing daily maintenance of Halton Region rights-of-way and Halton District School Board properties.
- Managing the operations and maintenance of Greenwood Cemetery, and pioneer cemeteries.
- Managing and supporting capital programs, including the expansion of Greenwood Cemetery, and facility construction and improvement.
- Developing and delivering efficient winter control operations.
- Preparing written reports and developing annual operating and capital budgets.
- Attending and making presentations to public information centres, open houses, and Committee/Council meetings.
- Assuming the role of Acting Director, as required.
As the Manager, you will lead, develop, coach and mentor a team of approximately 59 full-time staff, in addition to seasonal staff. You have a track record of leadership success in a progressive work environment, with proven project and people management, financial and strategic planning capabilities. You can demonstrate creativity and adaptability in complicated and difficult situations and in managing conflicting demands from stakeholders. You possess excellent communication, report writing and public consultation skills.
You have a Degree or Diploma in Horticulture or Turf Sciences and registration with the Ontario Parks Association. Your education is complemented by a minimum of five years experience in a unionized environment, with extensive knowledge of municipal parks and winter control operations. A minimum of two years must be at a management level. Familiarity with storm water management, cemetery operations, fleet management and roads operations would be an asset.
Rate of Pay: $94,786-$118,483
Posting Closing Date: May 5, 2016
How to Apply:
To apply please visit www.burlington.ca/careers and click on "Current Opportunities" and then “View Jobs” (or click here). Please note, applications are only accepted on-line. If you require assistance, please contact Human Resources at 905-335-7602.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
An equal opportunity employer.